The purpose of this policy is to ensure that requests for meeting rooms, conference
rooms and classrooms are booked using the proper protocol and that events are
planned in advance. Requests for rooms and events must be submitted using
Virtual EMS at event.williamjames.edu unless otherwise noted. Virtual EMS is
now available on or off campus.
To reserve a room, please complete the following steps:
- Go to event.williamjames.edu.
- Choose “Virtual EMS”.
- Log in using your WJC User ID and Password.
- Click “Create a Reservation”.
- Click “Book Now” next to the Classroom Request Form or the Conference/Meeting Room Request Form.
- Choose a date, start time and end time and then click “Search”.
- Choose an available room by using the “+” symbol and then click “Next Step”. If reserving a classroom, use the “+” symbol next to the Holding Room, enter the number of attendees and the room setup and then click “Next Step”.
- Complete the information requested on the Reservation Details screen including information regarding food and drinks, room setup and technology support and click “Create Reservation”.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
If you have any changes or need to cancel a reservation, please click “My Events”,
choose the event you would like to change and follow the instructions to modify or
cancel the room.
MEETING ROOMS AND CONFERENCE ROOMS
Faculty and staff may book a meeting room or a conference room for up to four
hours. Students may book a meeting room for up to one hour. Requests for
meetings outside these time limits must be submitted by email to
Facilities@williamjames.edu. Meeting room and conference room requests
within these time limits will no longer be accepted by email. All meeting rooms
and conference rooms are equipped with a phone.
Faculty and staff may reserve a classroom for under 25 attendees that do not require assistance from Facilities or IT staff at any time. Classroom bookings under the following circumstances must be reserved three (3) weeks in advance:
- More than 25 attendees are expected
- The classroom requires an alteration to the space. All classrooms are
currently set up in a “U”-shape
- Technology support is required including projector setup or microphones
- A conference phone is required for a conference call Room setup and technology support must be determined at the time of booking in the Reservation Details screen. Classroom space will be confirmed within 48 hours of a request. Space must be confirmed before the event is publicized. Within three (3) days of the event, event details must be confirmed with the appropriate department(s).
All food orders must be placed three (3) days in advance of the event or meeting.
Please refer to the Food Ordering Policy and Procedure.
Academic classes have priority over any other event and will not be moved to
accommodate an event. Room assignments are based on the number of attendees,
room setup, technology and availability.