Office 365 is a web version of Microsoft’s Office Suite. It includes Word, Excel, Power Point, OneNote, Outlook for Mail, and One Drive for cloud storage. All these programs will be available from login.williamjames.edu, after you log into Office 365.
Office 365 is hosted in the cloud which means it can be accessed from any device that has a connection to the internet, including mobile devices. You also have the option to download a copy of the full software so you can use it offline.
This software will be available to students, faculty, and staff members.
Outlook Web App
Webmail will be replaced with Outlook Web App, and can be accessed from login.williamjames.edu.
Here you will see all Office Features that are available to you.
To access Mail simply click the Mail Icon.
The user interface is made to resemble Outlook 2013 and is fairly straightforward.
Office 365 FAQ
- Am I eligible? / How do I sign up?
- William James College offers these licenses for students, faculty and staff. All you need to do is go to login.williamjames.edu and enter your William James College email address and password.
- What does O365 include?
- Office 365 includes Word, Power Point, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook softwares that are available on the web or for download to your computer.
- How do I download a copy of Office 365 so I can use it Offline?
- Those directions can be found here.
- What is my login?
- You can log in with your William James College email address and password.
- How long will I have access to O365?
- As long as you are an enrolled student or member of the faculty/staff, you will have access to this software.
- What if I already have Office installed?
- No problem! You can install Office 365 on your computer separate of your existing office software or you can just use it on the web.
- Can I use O365 on my mobile device?
- Yes! Microsoft will allow you to install Office 365 on 5 devices including mobile devices.
- For more information, please visit the Outlook 365 Help on
Mobile Device Management.
- How many computers can I install Office 365 on?
- Microsoft will allow you to install Office 365 on 5 devices including mobile devices.
- How do I change my password on the new system?
- Changing your password is the same process, you would go to passwordreset.williamjames.edu and click either the change password link or forgot password link.
- Can I still check my email from my smart phone?
- What about my email archives? Will they show up in O365?
- If you have archived your email by creating a PST file (see how to archive email in outlook article), it will not be migrated to Office 365. However, the PST file you have linked to your account via Outlook Client will stay linked. You can also set up synchronization between your Office 365 account and your Outlook Client, and then import the PST file back to your account via Outlook Client.