Still sending out email using old email address by accident? Your Outlook automatically completes the email address you wish to type, but it never updated the email address even it is no longer up to date?
What you need to do is clear your Outlook autocomplete cache. And there are 2 easy ways to do it:
Option 1: Delete the cached old address one by one.
When you start typing an email address for a new email, your autocomplete prompt window will open and showing possible options. Just mouse over the email address that is outdated, and click on the "X" next to the email address (as shown on screenshot) to delete the outdated email address that is cached.
Option 2: Delete the entire cache.
You may think the entire autocomplete cache are mostly outdated so it may just be a good clean up to empty the cache and start again.
To do so in Outlook:
- In Outlook, go to File > Options > Mail to bring you to the mail options window.
- Scroll down to the "Send messages" section.
- Click on the "Empty Auto-Complete List" (Warning - there is no turning back!)
- Click "Ok" at the bottom of the window to close the options.
To do so in Apple Mail:
- Open the mail window, click on the window in the menu bar, and choose "Previous Recipients."
- Highlight and delete any or all names that is out of date.
By Jeff Choo 12/12/2015