Students have an Annual Print Quota of $100 which can be used for printing and copying. There is no charge for scanning or Faxing.
You will need to Install the Papercut Client software on your personal computer in order to print.
Every student will have $100 for the school year which will be refilled yearly. Any unused balance will roll over to the next year.
Below is a breakdown of how many pages the quota will allow you to print.
Please note these are the maximum pages for each print type which means if you took $100 and only printed one of the below print jobs.
|Type of Print Job||Dollar Amount/ Page||$100 Quota|
|Black and White||10 Cents||1000 Pages|
|Black and White Double sided
||15 Cents||666 Pages (Double sided)|
|Color||30 Cents||333 Pages|
|Color Double sided||45 Cents||222 Pages (Double sided)|
If you retrieve your print job at a color machine (regardless if it is black & white or color) be expect to be charged for a color print job.
Your current quota can be determined in a few different ways.
- You can check you quota on your Papercut Client. The Current Quota is displayed there.
- If you have a Mac launch the app from the Applications folder.
- If you have a PC launch the app from either the start menu (search for pc client) or directly from All Programs.
- Or you can log in to msppprint.williamjames.edu with your username and password to check all your stats.
Your Quota can be refilled by logging into your Papercut Account msppprint.williamjames.edu.
You can use either a Credit Card or your PayPal account if you have one.
- Select Add Credit
- Choose the Amount you would like to add ($5 is the minimum)
- Click Continue
- If you would like to continue using PayPal click the "Check out with PayPal" button
- If you would like to pay with a credit card fill out the information under Pay with credit/ debit card
Yes, the minimum amount you can refill is $5.00
Yes, if you do not use all of your print quota it will be rolled over for use next year or until you graduate.
If you withdraw from a program you lose the remaining balance.
Your quota will be reset every August. The Date varies with the year depending on Orientation and the start of classes. A notice will be sent out prior.
At that time $100 will be added to your student print account in addition to the current balance. See the section on quota rollover.
Refunds can be requested directly from your Papercut Account.
- Log into your Papercut Account at msppprint.williamjames.edu
- Select Recent Print Jobs
- You will see a list of print jobs, a refund can be requested by clicking the Request Refund link to the right of each job.
Refunds must be requested within 24 hours of printing.
Please allow 2 business days to process your Refund Request. All refunds are subject to approval by the Help desk and are not automatic.
If you were not charged for a print job, it will be reflected in the status column
- If you sent a job to the print queue and did NOT release it (scanning your card at the printer and selecting print), The job will be deleted in 2 Days and you will NOT be charged.
- If you sent a job to the print queue and Release it (scanning your card at the printer and selecting print), and the job does NOT print, it is YOUR responsibility to notify Support@williamjames.edu immediately so proper steps can be taken.
- You can also Request a Refund for the print job by following the steps in the section of this document, Can I request a refund for a print job?
If you are workstudy student you will be allowed to login using your personal account BUT you will also be able to select the Department account when you print. This account is seperate from your personal one and does not draw from your balance.
To be eligible for a workstudy print account you must meet the following:
- Be a workstudy student working in the current semester.
- The department head must email email@example.com to authorize this.
The Permission will expire at the end of each semester and the request must be re-sent the following semester.