IMPORTANT! Ensemble has been replaced by VidGrid! We recommend recording your future videos using VidGrid. Instructions and more info about VidGrid can be found here.
The instructions below will become invalid on May 1, 2019.
Ensemble is William James College Private Media Storage Site
OPTION 1: For Videos recorded through Ensemble Anthem (for other videos, skip to option 2).
Record your video as usual, using the Ensemble Anthem recorder.
For instructions on how to record using Ensemble Anthem, please use the instructions found here:
After submitting your video and giving it a few minutes to process, locate your video in your Ensemble Media Library. Use the search bar or page forward buttons to find older videos.
To the right of your video, click the Publish button. You must publish the file in order to be able to share (red box below)
To share your media with others, please scroll down to the Share your Media section.
OPTION 2: To upload other Media files to your Ensemble Account
- Navigate to the Ensemble website using WJC's One Login portal
- You will automatically be brought to your Media Library page
- Click the + Add button in the upper left hand corner
- Give your video a Title
- All other fields are optional
- Click → Continue
- Either drag and drop your media file into the box, or click the Add file button to browse your computer
- Make sure to choose the Compress and Stream workflow
- Click Start Upload
- When done uploading, click → Continue
- You will now be brought to the Publishing page.
- You can immediately publish the video/file (for sharing) by clicking Save and Publish
- To share your media with others, please see the instructions down below.
To Share your Media
Reminder: Your video must first be published in order to share it! Review the instructions above to publish your video.
You can share your uploaded video using the permalink (a) or using the Ensemble plugin inside Canvas (b).
(a) Click the Permalink button found below your video and copy and paste the link into Canvas, an email, or however you wish to share it. If you are familiar with HTML, you can also use the embed code. Contact EdTech if you need assistance.
(b) Navigate to a PAGE you have set up inside Canvas and in the rich text editor, click the Ensemble button. Locate the video and click submit.