One Drive offers cloud storage by uploading the contents of the One Drive folder to the web. These files will be available and sync'd on the web or any other computer you connect One Drive to.
When you complete your studies here at William James College your account will transition into Alumni Status, which means you will still have access to Email and Calendar but not to Office Online or One Drive.
We recommend moving the contents off of One Drive to prevent them from being deleted and lost when you account effectively moves to Alumni Status.
In order to complete the steps below you must have installed One Drive, If you have NOT please see these instructions: Installing Office 365
- Open your One Drive folder from Windows Explorer and select your One Drive Folder
- Select the contents of the folder by clicking on one of the folders in One Drive and press Ctrl + A to select all of the folders
- Press Ctrl + C to Copy the highlighted items.
- Now you can Paste them in any location you like, we recommend Documents.
- Open the Documents folder
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the files
For Mac users Microsoft does not offer a One Drive Application like it does for Windows and the only way to download files from the web interface is file by file.
This is what we recommend: Use a windows PC either at home or one of the school computers. If you need to install Office on a home computer please see this article: Installing Office 365
- Go to the Start Menu, All Programs, Microsoft Office, OneDrive for Business. OR Go to the Start Menu and type "onedrive", then click OneDrive.
- Sign into OneDrive with your School Credentials and wait for your files to sync. You should see a green checkmark next to the files.
- After your files are synced please copy them to a flash drive or any other removable media.
If you have any questions about this process or are having difficulty please contact Support@williamjames.edu