What is One Drive?
- There are different flavors of One Drive. There is a personal version which only offers 5GB, it is a free, personal, cloud-storage service based in Microsoft Live. It's the Microsoft competitor to services like Apple's iCloud, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- There is also a paid version which is included in the schools Office 365 subscription which has a significant amount of storage space. We will be dealing with this version.
Additional information on One Drive can be found here:
- What will happen to U Drive?
U-Drives have been marked for retirement by the end of February 2018, Once your U drive data has been migrated You will no longer save data to that location and will use one drive exclusively.
- What will happen to my Department Drive?
At this time we are not moving Department Drives, they can be accessed just as they are now. Nothing will change.
- How long do we have before we have to migrate to U Drive completely?
The migration process has already begun, no data will be lost in this process, so schedule your consultation as soon as possible.
- How do I Migrate from my U Drive to One Drive?
All U Drive files will be migrated for you. To schedule your consultation please email email@example.com.
How much storage space do I have on One Drive?
- By default, the storage space for each OneDrive user is 1 TB. If you would like to check the status of your storage space, follow the instructions here: One Drive: How 2