NOTE: This feature is only available in using a Chrome Browser.
ONE: A Chrome Add-in called Canvas Class Roster Pics needs to be installed on your chrome browser. To do so:
- Open your chrome browser and access this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/canvas-class-roster-pics/balfdlaihhippekfmgcpnhobbjiafcai?hl=en-US
- Click "Add to Chrome"
- Once it is installed, you should see a Canvas icon showed up on the top right-hand side of your browser window:
TWO: Students have uploaded their own profile photos onto their Canvas profile.
How to use the new tool:
- Log into your Canvas using the chrome browser
- Click on the course you are teaching.
- On the left-hand navigation panel, click People to view the full roster in your course.
- Click on the Canvas Pic tool you installed (now located on the top right-handed side of the browser, see the Prerequisite section) - you will see the people page converts to a photo roster.