Must be running Zoom Client (App) 5.0.2 or higher.
If you need help updating Zoom click here: (Zoom Update)
- In a Zoom meeting that you are the host of, click Closed Caption or Live Transcript button from the task bar
- Select one of the following options:
- Enable Auto-Transcription: Allows the computer to provide live transcription.
- Assign a participant to type: Allows you to assign a user to type out the Closed Captioning
- I will type: Opens the closed captioning window for you to manually type closed captions.
Tips for using Live Captions:
To make sure your live captions are as accurate as possible:
Speak clearly, slowly, and directly into the mic. As your distance from the mic increases, captions may become less accurate.
Avoid locations with background noise.
Avoid having multiple people speak at the same time.
If you have any further questions or concerns please reach out to us at Support@williamjames.edu